2Cor 5:17 Cross References
2 Corinthians 5:17
17: What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
- And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart.
- throw off your old evil nature and your former way of life, which is rotten through and through, full of lust and deception.
- Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes.
- You must display a new nature because you are a new person, created in God's likeness--righteous, holy, and true.
- "But forget all that--it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
- For I am about to do a brand-new thing. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness for my people to come home. I will create rivers for them in the desert!
- Jesus replied, "I assure you, unless you are born again, you can never see the Kingdom of God."
- Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.
- And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their hearts of stone and give them tender hearts instead,
- Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits at God's right hand in the place of honor and power.
- Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth.
- For you died when Christ died, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.
- And when Christ, who is your real life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.
- So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires. Don't be greedy for the good things of this life, for that is idolatry.
- So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
- It doesn't make any difference now whether we have been circumcised or not. What counts is whether we really have been changed into new and different people.
- For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
- But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them are not Christians at all.)
- Since Christ lives within you, even though your body will die because of sin, your spirit is alive because you have been made right with God.
- "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
- For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
- Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised as he was.
- Our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.
1 Corinthians 1:30
- God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom.
- Put all your rebellion behind you, and get for yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O people of Israel?
2 Corinthians 5:21
- For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.
- I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done.
- Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ
- and become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God's law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith.
2 Corinthians 5:16
- So we have stopped evaluating others by what the world thinks about them. Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way, as though he were merely a human being. How differently I think about him now!
- Jesus replied, "The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
- He cuts off every branch that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.
- By his death he ended the whole system of Jewish law that excluded the Gentiles. His purpose was to make peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new person from the two groups.
- How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.
- Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
- There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female. For you are all Christians--you are one in Christ Jesus.
- When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.
- But now we have been released from the law, for we died with Christ, and we are no longer captive to its power. Now we can really serve God, not in the old way by obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way, by the Spirit.
- I in them and you in me, all being perfected into one. Then the world will know that you sent me and will understand that you love them as much as you love me.
- Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone.
- And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband.
- I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, "Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.
- He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever."
- And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making all things new!" And then he said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true."
- "Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth--so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore.
- Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy.
- And who would patch an old garment with unshrunk cloth? For the patch shrinks and pulls away from the old cloth, leaving an even bigger hole than before.
- And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. The old skins would burst from the pressure, spilling the wine and ruining the skins. New wine must be stored in new wineskins. That way both the wine and the wineskins are preserved."
- For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, it makes no difference to God whether we are circumcised or not circumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.
- "A tree is identified by its fruit. Make a tree good, and its fruit will be good. Make a tree bad, and its fruit will be bad.
2 Peter 3:10
- But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and everything in them will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be exposed to judgment.
- Since everything around us is going to melt away, what holy, godly lives you should be living!
- You should look forward to that day and hurry it along--the day when God will set the heavens on fire and the elements will melt away in the flames.
- But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world where everyone is right with God.
2 Corinthians 5:19
- For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others.
- Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever.
- But the LORD will save the people of Israel with eternal salvation. They will never again be humiliated and disgraced throughout everlasting ages.
- The people will declare, "The LORD is the source of all my righteousness and strength." And all who were angry with him will come to him and be ashamed.
- In the LORD all the generations of Israel will be justified, and in him they will boast.
1 Corinthians 13:11
- It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.
- This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of the land of Egypt. They did not remain faithful to my covenant, so I turned my back on them, says the Lord.
- But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their minds so they will understand them, and I will write them on their hearts so they will obey them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
- And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their family, saying, 'You should know the Lord.' For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will already know me.
- And I will forgive their wrongdoings, and I will never again remember their sins."
- When God speaks of a new covenant, it means he has made the first one obsolete. It is now out of date and ready to be put aside.
- Give my greetings to all the Christians there. The brothers who are with me here send you their greetings.
- Then there are Andronicus and Junia, my relatives, who were in prison with me. They are respected among the apostles and became Christians before I did. Please give them my greetings.
2 Corinthians 12:2
- I was caught up into the third heaven fourteen years ago.
- Greet Herodion, my relative. Greet the Christians in the household of Narcissus.