1Pet 1:3 Cross References
1 Peter 1:3
3: All honor to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for it is by his boundless mercy that God has given us the privilege of being born again. Now we live with a wonderful expectation because Jesus Christ rose again from the dead.
1 Peter 1:23
- For you have been born again. Your new life did not come from your earthly parents because the life they gave you will end in death. But this new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.
1 John 5:4
- For every child of God defeats this evil world by trusting Christ to give the victory.
- So I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.
2 Corinthians 1:3
- All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us.
- But then God our Savior showed us his kindness and love.
- He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit.
- He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did.
1 John 3:3
- And all who believe this will keep themselves pure, just as Christ is pure.
- He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.
- Jesus replied, "I assure you, unless you are born again, you can never see the Kingdom of God."
- "What do you mean?" exclaimed Nicodemus. "How can an old man go back into his mother's womb and be born again?"
- Jesus replied, "The truth is, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
- Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives new life from heaven.
- So don't be surprised at my statement that you must be born again.
1 Peter 3:21
- And this is a picture of baptism, which now saves you by the power of Jesus Christ's resurrection. Baptism is not a removal of dirt from your body; it is an appeal to God from a clean conscience.
1 John 2:29
- Since we know that God is always right, we also know that all who do what is right are his children.
- He passed in front of Moses and said, "I am the LORD, I am the LORD, the merciful and gracious God. I am slow to anger and rich in unfailing love and faithfulness.
- asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
- How we praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we belong to Christ.
- For he raised us from the dead along with Christ, and we are seated with him in the heavenly realms--all because we are one with Christ Jesus.
- And so God can always point to us as examples of the incredible wealth of his favor and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us through Christ Jesus.
- God saved you by his special favor when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
- Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
- For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
- Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.
- But you, O Lord, are a merciful and gracious God, slow to get angry, full of unfailing love and truth.
- But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much,
1 Timothy 1:14
- Oh, how kind and gracious the Lord was! He filled me completely with faith and the love of Christ Jesus.
- So God has given us both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to his promise with confidence.
- This confidence is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain of heaven into God's inner sanctuary.
1 Corinthians 15:20
- But the fact is that Christ has been raised from the dead. He has become the first of a great harvest of those who will be raised to life again.
- In his goodness he chose to make us his own children by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his choice possession.
- while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.
1 Peter 2:2
- You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk,
1 Chronicles 29:10
- Then David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly: "O LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, may you be praised forever and ever!
- Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.
- Riches and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and it is at your discretion that people are made great and given strength.
- "O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!
- Yet we have this assurance: Those who belong to God will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For God's light of life will fall like dew on his people in the place of the dead!
- But Christ, the faithful Son, was in charge of the entire household. And we are God's household, if we keep up our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ.
- Bless the LORD, the God of Israel, who lives forever from eternal ages past. Amen and amen!
1 Thessalonians 1:3
- As we talk to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and your continual anticipation of the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- And what a difference between our sin and God's generous gift of forgiveness. For this one man, Adam, brought death to many through his sin. But this other man, Jesus Christ, brought forgiveness to many through God's bountiful gift.
- And the result of God's gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man's sin. For Adam's sin led to condemnation, but we have the free gift of being accepted by God, even though we are guilty of many sins.
- The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over us, but all who receive God's wonderful, gracious gift of righteousness will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
- Yes, Adam's one sin brought condemnation upon everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness makes all people right in God's sight and gives them life.
- Because one person disobeyed God, many people became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many people will be made right in God's sight.
1 Chronicles 29:20
- Then David said to the whole assembly, "Give praise to the LORD your God!" And the entire assembly praised the LORD, the God of their ancestors, and they bowed low and knelt before the LORD and the king.
- But you must continue to believe this truth and stand in it firmly. Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed by God to proclaim it.
1 Kings 8:15
- "Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, who has kept the promise he made to my father, David.
- The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as he raised Christ from the dead, he will give life to your mortal body by this same Spirit living within you.
- Bless the LORD God, the God of Israel, who alone does such wonderful things.
- Bless his glorious name forever! Let the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and amen!
1 Thessalonians 4:13
- And now, brothers and sisters, I want you to know what will happen to the Christians who have died so you will not be full of sorrow like people who have no hope.
- They are reborn! This is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan--this rebirth comes from God.
1 John 3:9
- Those who have been born into God's family do not sin, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they have been born of God.
- He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God.
- Now that we are saved, we eagerly look forward to this freedom. For if you already have something, you don't need to hope for it.
1 Corinthians 13:13
- There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.
- For it has pleased God to tell his people that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. For this is the secret: Christ lives in you, and this is your assurance that you will share in his glory.
- So he complained to the LORD about it: "Didn't I say before I left home that you would do this, LORD? That is why I ran away to Tarshish! I knew that you were a gracious and compassionate God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. I knew how easily you could cancel your plans for destroying these people.
- For since we were restored to friendship with God by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be delivered from eternal punishment by his life.
- And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.
- And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
1 John 5:18
- We know that those who have become part of God's family do not make a practice of sinning, for God's Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot get his hands on them.
1 John 5:1
- Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God. And everyone who loves the Father loves his children, too.
- O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask your aid.
1 John 4:7
- Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God.