Ps 36:9 Cross References
9: For you are the fountain of life, the light by which we see.
- Jesus said to the people, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
- But the water I give them takes away thirst altogether. It becomes a perpetual spring within them, giving them eternal life."
- Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who I am, you would ask me, and I would give you living water."
1 John 1:7
- But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from every sin.
- On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "If you are thirsty, come to me!
- If you believe in me, come and drink! For the Scriptures declare that rivers of living water will flow out from within."
- (When he said "living water," he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.)
- And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give the springs of the water of life without charge!
- For my people have done two evil things: They have forsaken me--the fountain of living water. And they have dug for themselves cracked cisterns that can hold no water at all!
1 Peter 2:9
- But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation, his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.
2 Corinthians 4:6
- For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made us understand that this light is the brightness of the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
- Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows.
- "No longer will you need the sun or moon to give you light, for the LORD your God will be your everlasting light, and he will be your glory.
- And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light.
- John himself was not the light; he was only a witness to the light.
- The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world.
- when he lighted the way before me and I walked safely through the darkness.
- With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!
- "But for you who fear my name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in his wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture.
- Come, people of Israel, let us walk in the light of the LORD!
- "Arise, Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all the nations to see! For the glory of the LORD is shining upon you.
- Darkness as black as night will cover all the nations of the earth, but the glory of the LORD will shine over you.
- The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." Let each one who hears them say, "Come." Let the thirsty ones come--anyone who wants to. Let them come and drink the water of life without charge.
- The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD protects me from danger--so why should I tremble?
- The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.