Ps 1:1 Cross References
1: Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers.
- I do not spend time with liars or go along with hypocrites.
- I hate the gatherings of those who do evil, and I refuse to join in with the wicked.
- Do not do as the wicked do or follow the path of evildoers.
- Avoid their haunts. Turn away and go somewhere else,
- Whoever walks with the wise will become wise; whoever walks with fools will suffer harm.
- I never joined the people in their merry feasts. I sat alone because your hand was on me. I burst with indignation at their sins.
- Happy are people of integrity, who follow the law of the LORD.
- Happy are those who obey his decrees and search for him with all their hearts.
- "You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose the easy way.
- But the gateway to life is small, and the road is narrow, and only a few ever find it.
- He replied, "But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice."
- For the LORD watches over the path of the godly, but the path of the wicked leads to destruction.
- You will experience all these blessings if you obey the LORD your God:
- You will be blessed in your towns and in the country.
- You will be blessed with many children and productive fields. You will be blessed with fertile herds and flocks.
- You will be blessed with baskets overflowing with fruit, and with kneading bowls filled with bread.
- You will be blessed wherever you go, both in coming and in going.
- They lie awake at night, hatching sinful plots. Their course of action is never good. They make no attempt to turn from evil.
- Don't go along with them, my child! Stay far away from their paths.
- Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who trust in him!
- "If after this you still refuse to listen and still remain hostile toward me,
- then I will give full vent to my hostility. I will punish you seven times over for your sins.
- But their prosperity is not of their own doing, so I will have nothing to do with that kind of thinking.
- O my soul, stay away from them. May I never be a party to their wicked plans. For in their anger they murdered men, and they crippled oxen just for sport.
- Praise the LORD! Happy are those who fear the LORD. Yes, happy are those who delight in doing what he commands.
- Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm.
- A person with good sense is respected; a treacherous person walks a rocky road.
- I have taken a stand, and I will publicly praise the LORD.
- Get out of my life, you evil-minded people, for I intend to obey the commands of my God.
- Wisdom will save you from evil people, from those whose speech is corrupt.
- So I let them follow their blind and stubborn way, living according to their own desires.
- Happy are those who deal justly with others and always do what is right.
- If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit. If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.
- But the way of the wicked is like complete darkness. Those who follow it have no idea what they are stumbling over.
- The LORD mocks at mockers, but he shows favor to the humble.
- Yes, happy are those who have it like this! Happy indeed are those whose God is the LORD.
- Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life.
- O LORD Almighty, happy are those who trust in you.
- "But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence.
1 Kings 16:31
- And as though it were not enough to live like Jeroboam, he married Jezebel, the daughter of King Ethbaal of the Sidonians, and he began to worship Baal.
- Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of highest privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory.
- "You simpletons!" she cries. "How long will you go on being simpleminded? How long will you mockers relish your mocking? How long will you fools fight the facts?
- Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway."
- "Then I warned their children and told them not to follow in their parents' footsteps, defiling themselves with their idols.
- The LORD protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows, but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.
- The LORD remembers us, and he will surely bless us. He will bless the people of Israel and the family of Aaron, the priests.
- He will bless those who fear the LORD, both great and small.
- May the LORD richly bless both you and your children.
- May you be blessed by the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
- Mockers will be punished, and the backs of fools will be beaten.
- You know these things--now do them! That is the path of blessing.
- Submit to God's royal son, or he will become angry, and you will be destroyed in the midst of your pursuits--for his anger can flare up in an instant. But what joy for all who find protection in him!
- He enjoyed a close relationship with God throughout his life. Then suddenly, he disappeared because God took him.
- Oh, what joy for those whose rebellion is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight!
- Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of sin, whose lives are lived in complete honesty!
- How blessed you are, O Israel! Who else is like you, a people saved by the LORD? He is your protecting shield and your triumphant sword! Your enemies will bow low before you, and you will trample on their backs!"
1 Peter 4:3
- You have had enough in the past of the evil things that godless people enjoy--their immorality and lust, their feasting and drunkenness and wild parties, and their terrible worship of idols.
- Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being.
- Protect me from the plots of the wicked, from the scheming of those who do evil.
- But happy are those who have the God of Israel as their helper, whose hope is in the LORD their God.
- but he had not agreed with the decision and actions of the other religious leaders. He was from the town of Arimathea in Judea, and he had been waiting for the Kingdom of God to come.
2 Chronicles 22:3
- Ahaziah also followed the evil example of King Ahab's family, for his mother encouraged him in doing wrong.
- What do you gain by oppressing me? Why do you reject me, the work of your own hands, while sending joy and prosperity to the wicked?
- "Have I lied to anyone or deceived anyone?