Rev 3:20 Cross References
20: "Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.
- as though you were waiting for your master to return from the wedding feast. Then you will be ready to open the door and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks.
- There will be special favor for those who are ready and waiting for his return. I tell you, he himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat!
- Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them."
- Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him, "Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?"
- Jesus replied, "All those who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and live with them.
- And the angel said, "Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb." And he added, "These are true words that come from God."
- Just so, when you see the events I've described beginning to happen, you can know his return is very near, right at the door.
The Song of Songs 5:2
- One night as I was sleeping, my heart awakened in a dream. I heard the voice of my lover. He was knocking at my bedroom door. `Open to me, my darling, my treasure, my lovely dove, he said, `for I have been out in the night. My head is soaked with dew, my hair with the wetness of the night.
- "But I said, `I have taken off my robe. Should I get dressed again? I have washed my feet. Should I get them soiled?'
- "My lover tried to unlatch the door, and my heart thrilled within me.
- He must first prepare his master's meal and serve him his supper before eating his own.