Ps 85:10 Cross References
10: Unfailing love and truth have met together. Righteousness and peace have kissed!
- Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart.
- Your throne is founded on two strong pillars--righteousness and justice. Unfailing love and truth walk before you as attendants.
- May the mountains yield prosperity for all, and may the hills be fruitful, because the king does what is right.
- Justice will rule in the wilderness and righteousness in the fertile field.
- And this righteousness will bring peace. Quietness and confidence will fill the land forever.
- My people will live in safety, quietly at home. They will be at rest.
- For the LORD is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.
- "For the time is coming," says the LORD, "when I will place a righteous Branch on King David's throne. He will be a King who rules with wisdom. He will do what is just and right throughout the land.
- And this is his name: `The LORD Is Our Righteousness.' In that day Judah will be saved, and Israel will live in safety.
- He passed in front of Moses and said, "I am the LORD, I am the LORD, the merciful and gracious God. I am slow to anger and rich in unfailing love and faithfulness.
- I show this unfailing love to many thousands by forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. Even so I do not leave sin unpunished, but I punish the children for the sins of their parents to the third and fourth generations."
- The people will declare, "The LORD is the source of all my righteousness and strength." And all who were angry with him will come to him and be ashamed.
- And how he has helped his servant Israel! He has not forgotten his promise to be merciful.
- For he promised our ancestors--Abraham and his children--to be merciful to them forever."
- For the law was given through Moses; God's unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ.
- So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful kindness rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Then Abraham took a tenth of all he had won in the battle and gave it to Melchizedek. His name means "king of justice." He is also "king of peace" because Salem means "peace."
- You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised with an oath to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago.
- Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
- For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God's anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us. God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times.
- And he is entirely fair and just in this present time when he declares sinners to be right in his sight because they believe in Jesus.
- "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to all whom God favors. "