Prov 4:23 Cross References
23: Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do.
- A good person produces good deeds from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil deeds from an evil heart. Whatever is in your heart determines what you say.
- You brood of snakes! How could evil men like you speak what is good and right? For whatever is in your heart determines what you say.
- A good person produces good words from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil words from an evil heart.
- For from within, out of a person's heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder,
- adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, eagerness for lustful pleasure, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness.
- All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you and make you unacceptable to God."
- Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.
- Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
- Those who control their tongue will have a long life; a quick retort can ruin everything.
- "The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?
- For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all other sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander.
- My child, listen and be wise. Keep your heart on the right course.
- Trusting oneself is foolish, but those who walk in wisdom are safe.
- Temptation comes from the lure of our own evil desires.
- These evil desires lead to evil actions, and evil actions lead to death.
- Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak."
- "But watch out! Be very careful never to forget what you have seen the LORD do for you. Do not let these things escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren.
- Look after each other so that none of you will miss out on the special favor of God. Watch out that no bitter root of unbelief rises up among you, for whenever it springs up, many are corrupted by its poison.
- Getting wisdom is the most important thing you can do! And whatever else you do, get good judgment.
- My child, don't lose sight of good planning and insight. Hang on to them,
- The deceitful walk a thorny, treacherous road; whoever values life will stay away.
- Beautiful women obtain wealth, and violent men get rich.
- There is another serious problem I have seen in the world. Riches are sometimes hoarded to the harm of the saver,