Prov 18:10 Cross References
10: The name of the LORD is a strong fortress; the godly run to him and are safe.
2 Samuel 22:3
- my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold, my high tower, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.
- This I declare of the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I am trusting him.
- Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.
- When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; serve me faithfully and live a blameless life.
- He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my deliverer. He stands before me as a shield, and I take refuge in him. He subdues the nations under me.
- The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD protects me from danger--so why should I tremble?
- "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and he will be called Immanuel (meaning, God is with us)."
- for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
- Let me live forever in your sanctuary, safe beneath the shelter of your wings!
- The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.
- For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on his shoulders. These will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- "I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come, the Almighty One."
1 Samuel 30:6
- David was now in serious trouble because his men were very bitter about losing their wives and children, and they began to talk of stoning him. But David found strength in the LORD his God.
- But when I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
- O God, I praise your word. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
2 Samuel 22:45
- Foreigners cringe before me; as soon as they hear of me, they submit.
- They all lose their courage and come trembling from their strongholds.
- "The LORD lives! Blessed be my rock! May God, the rock of my salvation, be exalted!
- The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains. (For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)
- "Your name will no longer be Jacob," the man told him. "It is now Israel, because you have struggled with both God and men and have won."
- "What is your name?" Jacob asked him. "Why do you ask?" the man replied. Then he blessed Jacob there.
- And this is his name: `The LORD Is Our Righteousness.' In that day Judah will be saved, and Israel will live in safety.
- The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.
2 Samuel 22:51
- You give great victories to your king; you show unfailing love to your anointed, to David and all his descendants forever."
- Then the LORD came down in a pillar of cloud and called out his own name, "the LORD," as Moses stood there in his presence.
- He passed in front of Moses and said, "I am the LORD, I am the LORD, the merciful and gracious God. I am slow to anger and rich in unfailing love and faithfulness.
- I show this unfailing love to many thousands by forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. Even so I do not leave sin unpunished, but I punish the children for the sins of their parents to the third and fourth generations."
- The high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in that high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts.
- O LORD, please rescue me from my brother, Esau. I am afraid that he is coming to kill me, along with my wives and children.
- But Moses protested, "If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, `The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' they won't believe me. They will ask, `Which god are you talking about? What is his name?' Then what should I tell them?"
- God replied, "I AM THE ONE WHO ALWAYS IS. Just tell them, `I AM has sent me to you.'"
- God also said, "Tell them, `The LORD, the God of your ancestors--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This will be my name forever; it has always been my name, and it will be used throughout all generations.
- I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, though I did not reveal my name, the LORD, to them.