Matt 28:19 Cross References
19: Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.
- Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.
- Peter replied, "Each of you must turn from your sins and turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- This promise is to you and to your children, and even to the Gentiles--all who have been called by the Lord our God."
- But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere--in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
- With my authority, take this message of repentance to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: 'There is forgiveness of sins for all who turn to me.'
- You are witnesses of all these things.
- He says, "You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me. I will make you a light to the Gentiles, and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth."
- "Then what baptism did you experience?" he asked. And they replied, "The baptism of John."
- Paul said, "John's baptism was to demonstrate a desire to turn from sin and turn to God. John himself told the people to believe in Jesus, the one John said would come later."
- As soon as they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- Then Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and declared, "It was necessary that this Good News from God be given first to you Jews. But since you have rejected it and judged yourselves unworthy of eternal life--well, we will offer it to Gentiles.
- For this is as the Lord commanded us when he said, 'I have made you a light to the Gentiles, to bring salvation to the farthest corners of the earth.'"
- And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have been made like him.
- "Can anyone object to their being baptized, now that they have received the Holy Spirit just as we did?"
- So he gave orders for them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Afterward Cornelius asked him to stay with them for several days.
- So I want you to realize that this salvation from God is also available to the Gentiles, and they will accept it."
- Or have you forgotten that when we became Christians and were baptized to become one with Christ Jesus, we died with him?
- For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.
- Now all of us, both Jews and Gentiles, may come to the Father through the same Holy Spirit because of what Christ has done for us.
- But what about the Jews? Have they actually heard the message? Yes, they have: "The message of God's creation has gone out to everyone, and its words to all the world."
- But now the people believed Philip's message of Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. As a result, many men and women were baptized.
- Then Simon himself believed and was baptized. He began following Philip wherever he went, and he was amazed by the great miracles and signs Philip performed.
- When the apostles back in Jerusalem heard that the people of Samaria had accepted God's message, they sent Peter and John there.
- As soon as they arrived, they prayed for these new Christians to receive the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them, for they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
- After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him.
- And a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with him."
- Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church--about three thousand in all.
- As they rode along, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, "Look! There's some water! Why can't I be baptized?"
- See Footnote
- He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him.
2 Corinthians 13:13
- May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
1 Corinthians 1:13
- Can Christ be divided into pieces? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul?
- I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius,
- for now no one can say they were baptized in my name.
- (Oh yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. I don't remember baptizing anyone else.)
- "I can see what they are doing, and I know what they are thinking. So I will gather all nations and peoples together, and they will see my glory.
- I will perform a sign among them. And I will send those who survive to be messengers to the nations--to Tarshish, to the Libyans and Lydians (who are famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece, and to all the lands beyond the sea that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. There they will declare my glory to the nations.
- Come closer and listen. I have always told you plainly what would happen so you would have no trouble understanding." And now the Sovereign LORD and his Spirit have sent me with this message:
- The LORD has announced his victory and has revealed his righteousness to every nation!
- He has remembered his promise to love and be faithful to Israel. The whole earth has seen the salvation of our God.
- The whole earth will acknowledge the LORD and return to him. People from every nation will bow down before him.
- For the LORD is king! He rules all the nations.
- The LORD will demonstrate his holy power before the eyes of all the nations. The ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.
- Then God said, "Let us make people in our image, to be like ourselves. They will be masters over all life--the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the livestock, wild animals, and small animals."
- This letter is from John to the seven churches in the province of Asia. Grace and peace from the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come; from the sevenfold Spirit before his throne;
- and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the commander of all the rulers of the world. All praise to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.
- He has made us his Kingdom and his priests who serve before God his Father. Give to him everlasting glory! He rules forever and ever! Amen!
1 John 5:7
- So we have these three witnesses--
- After preaching the Good News in Derbe and making many disciples, Paul and Barnabas returned again to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch of Pisidia,
- But you must continue to believe this truth and stand in it firmly. Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed by God to proclaim it.
1 Peter 3:21
- And this is a picture of baptism, which now saves you by the power of Jesus Christ's resurrection. Baptism is not a removal of dirt from your body; it is an appeal to God from a clean conscience.
- `May the LORD bless you and protect you.
- May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you.
- May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.'
- This is how Aaron and his sons will designate the Israelites as my people, and I myself will bless them."
- "Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, and I am pleased with him. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will reveal justice to the nations.
- He will be gentle--he will not shout or raise his voice in public.
- He will not crush those who are weak or quench the smallest hope. He will bring full justice to all who have been wronged.
- He will not stop until truth and righteousness prevail throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction."
1 Corinthians 15:29
- If the dead will not be raised, then what point is there in people being baptized for those who are dead? Why do it unless the dead will someday rise again?
- Then he added, "Every teacher of religious law who has become a disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a person who brings out of the storehouse the new teachings as well as the old."
1 Corinthians 12:4
- Now there are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but it is the same Holy Spirit who is the source of them all.
- There are different kinds of service in the church, but it is the same Lord we are serving.
- There are different ways God works in our lives, but it is the same God who does the work through all of us.
- She was baptized along with other members of her household, and she asked us to be her guests. "If you agree that I am faithful to the Lord," she said, "come and stay at my home." And she urged us until we did.
- One day as we were going down to the place of prayer, we met a demon-possessed slave girl. She was a fortune-teller who earned a lot of money for her masters.
- She followed along behind us shouting, "These men are servants of the Most High God, and they have come to tell you how to be saved."
- This went on day after day until Paul got so exasperated that he turned and spoke to the demon within her. "I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her," he said. And instantly it left her.
- Her masters' hopes of wealth were now shattered, so they grabbed Paul and Silas and dragged them before the authorities at the marketplace.
- Instantly something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized.