Matt 10:16 Cross References
16: "Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves. Be as wary as snakes and harmless as doves.
- Go now, and remember that I am sending you out as lambs among wolves.
- so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your lives shine brightly before them.
1 Corinthians 14:20
- Dear brothers and sisters, don't be childish in your understanding of these things. Be innocent as babies when it comes to evil, but be mature and wise in understanding matters of this kind.
- I know full well that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock.
- Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own personal interests. By smooth talk and glowing words they deceive innocent people.
- But everyone knows that you are obedient to the Lord. This makes me very happy. I want you to see clearly what is right and to stay innocent of any wrong.
- So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise.
- Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days.
- Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.
2 Corinthians 11:3
- But I fear that somehow you will be led away from your pure and simple devotion to Christ, just as Eve was deceived by the serpent.
- Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity.
- for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply!
2 Corinthians 11:14
- But I am not surprised! Even Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light.
1 Thessalonians 5:22
- Keep away from every kind of evil.
- Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the LORD God had made. "Really?" he asked the woman. "Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?"
- So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives, and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom.
1 Thessalonians 2:10
- You yourselves are our witnesses--and so is God--that we were pure and honest and faultless toward all of you believers.
2 Corinthians 1:12
- We can say with confidence and a clear conscience that we have been honest and sincere in all our dealings. We have depended on God's grace, not on our own earthly wisdom. That is how we have acted toward everyone, and especially toward you.
2 Corinthians 8:20
- By traveling together we will guard against any suspicion, for we are anxious that no one should find fault with the way we are handling this generous gift.
- Then the LORD God asked the woman, "How could you do such a thing?The serpent tricked me," she replied. "That's why I ate it."