Matt 1:21 Cross References
21: And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."
- "And it is one of King David's descendants, Jesus, who is God's promised Savior of Israel!
- The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look! There is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!
- There is salvation in no one else! There is no other name in all of heaven for people to call on to save them."
1 John 3:5
- And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, for there is no sin in him.
- Eight days later, when the baby was circumcised, he was named Jesus, the name given him by the angel even before he was conceived.
- and by him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of his blood on the cross.
- This includes you who were once so far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions,
- yet now he has brought you back as his friends. He has done this through his death on the cross in his own human body. As a result, he has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.
- But you must continue to believe this truth and stand in it firmly. Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed by God to proclaim it.
- Then God put him in the place of honor at his right hand as Prince and Savior. He did this to give the people of Israel an opportunity to turn from their sins and turn to God so their sins would be forgiven.
- You will become pregnant and have a son, and you are to name him Jesus.
- He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing what is right.
- And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her
- to make her holy and clean, washed by baptism and God's word.
- He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.
1 John 2:1
- My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if you do sin, there is someone to plead for you before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who pleases God completely.
- He is the sacrifice for our sins. He takes away not only our sins but the sins of all the world.
- The Savior--yes, the Messiah, the Lord--has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David!
- "Brothers, listen! In this man Jesus there is forgiveness for your sins.
- Everyone who believes in him is freed from all guilt and declared right with God--something the Jewish law could never do.
- When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways."
- And I said to him, "Sir, you are the one who knows." Then he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb and made them white.
1 John 1:7
- But if we are living in the light of God's presence, just as Christ is, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from every sin.
- and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the commander of all the rulers of the world. All praise to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.
- He has made us his Kingdom and his priests who serve before God his Father. Give to him everlasting glory! He rules forever and ever! Amen!
- Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save everyone who comes to God through him. He lives forever to plead with God on their behalf.
- "A period of seventy sets of seven has been decreed for your people and your holy city to put down rebellion, to bring an end to sin, to atone for guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to confirm the prophetic vision, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
- The angel replied, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby born to you will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God.
- What's more, your relative Elizabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she's already in her sixth month.
- Then one of them said, "About this time next year I will return, and your wife Sarah will have a son." Now Sarah was listening to this conversation from the tent nearby.
- O Israel, hope in the LORD; for with the LORD there is unfailing love and an overflowing supply of salvation.
- He himself will free Israel from every kind of sin.
- Rejoice greatly, O people of Zion! Shout in triumph, O people of Jerusalem! Look, your king is coming to you. He is righteous and victorious, yet he is humble, riding on a donkey--even on a donkey's colt.
- In that day Judah will be saved, and Jerusalem will live in safety. And their motto will be `The LORD is our righteousness!'
- And this is his name: `The LORD Is Our Righteousness.' In that day Judah will be saved, and Israel will live in safety.
- But the angel said, "Don't be afraid, Zechariah! For God has heard your prayer, and your wife, Elizabeth, will bear you a son! And you are to name him John.
- Consult together, argue your case, and state your proofs that idol worship pays. Who made these things known long ago? What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, the LORD? For there is no other God but me--a just God and a Savior--no, not one!
- Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other.
- But God replied, "Sarah, your wife, will bear you a son. You will name him Isaac, and I will confirm my everlasting covenant with him and his descendants.
- But my covenant is with Isaac, who will be born to you and Sarah about this time next year."
- In that day you will sing: "Praise the LORD! He was angry with me, but now he comforts me.
- See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
2 Kings 4:16
- "Next year at about this time you will be holding a son in your arms!No, my lord!" she protested. "Please don't lie to me like that, O man of God."
- But sure enough, the woman soon became pregnant. And at that time the following year she had a son, just as Elisha had said.
- "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols.
- And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart.
- And I will put my Spirit in you so you will obey my laws and do whatever I command.
- "And you will live in Israel, the land I gave your ancestors long ago. You will be my people, and I will be your God.
- I will cleanse you of your filthy behavior. I will give you good crops, and I will abolish famine in the land.
- The angel of the LORD appeared to Manoah's wife and said, "Even though you have been unable to have children, you will soon become pregnant and give birth to a son.