Mark 14:38 Cross References
38: Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak."
- Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak!"
- I know I am rotten through and through so far as my old sinful nature is concerned. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't.
- When I want to do good, I don't. And when I try not to do wrong, I do it anyway.
- But if I am doing what I don't want to do, I am not really the one doing it; the sin within me is doing it.
- It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong.
- I love God's law with all my heart.
- Keep a constant watch. And pray that, if possible, you may escape these horrors and stand before the Son of Man."
- So be prepared, because you don't know what day your Lord is coming.
- There he told them, "Pray that you will not be overcome by temptation."
- "Why are you sleeping?" he asked. "Get up and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you."
- Now wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is at the point of death. Your deeds are far from right in the sight of God.
- Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly and turn to me again. Unless you do, I will come upon you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.
- He told them, "My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and watch with me."
1 Peter 5:8
- Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour.
- The old sinful nature loves to do evil, which is just opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, and your choices are never free from this conflict.
1 Corinthians 16:13
- Be on guard. Stand true to what you believe. Be courageous. Be strong.
- And don't let us yield to temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.
- "So stay awake and be prepared, because you do not know the day or hour of my return.
- Dearest friends, you were always so careful to follow my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away you must be even more careful to put into action God's saving work in your lives, obeying God with deep reverence and fear.