Isa 53:6 Cross References
6: All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all.
1 Peter 2:25
- Once you were wandering like lost sheep. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.
1 Peter 3:18
- Christ also suffered when he died for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners that he might bring us safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.
- I have wandered away like a lost sheep; come and find me, for I have not forgotten your commands.
- He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God.
- As the Scriptures say, "No one is good--not even one.
- No one has real understanding; no one is seeking God.
- All have turned away from God; all have gone wrong. No one does good, not even one."
- "Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their speech is filled with lies.The poison of a deadly snake drips from their lips."
- "Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness."
- you can be sure that the one who brings that person back will save that sinner from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
- And they are as greedy as dogs, never satisfied. They are stupid shepherds, all following their own path, all of them intent on personal gain.
- Let the people turn from their wicked deeds. Let them banish from their minds the very thought of doing wrong! Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
- But it was the LORD's good plan to crush him and fill him with grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have a multitude of children, many heirs. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD's plan will prosper in his hands.
- So Jesus used this illustration:
- "If you had one hundred sheep, and one of them strayed away and was lost in the wilderness, wouldn't you leave the ninety-nine others to go and search for the lost one until you found it?
- And then you would joyfully carry it home on your shoulders.
- When you arrived, you would call together your friends and neighbors to rejoice with you because your lost sheep was found.
- In the same way, heaven will be happier over one lost sinner who returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!
- "If a shepherd has one hundred sheep, and one wanders away and is lost, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others and go out into the hills to search for the lost one?
- And if he finds it, he will surely rejoice over it more than over the ninety-nine that didn't wander away!
- In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father's will that even one of these little ones should perish.
- Those who hate me without cause are more numerous than the hairs on my head. These enemies who seek to destroy me are doing so without cause. They attack me with lies, demanding that I give back what I didn't steal.
- If I warn the wicked, saying, `You are under the penalty of death,' but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible, demanding your blood for theirs.