Ex 20:3 Cross References
3: "Do not worship any other gods besides me.
- " `Do not worship any other gods besides me.
- "Get out of here, Satan," Jesus told him. "For the Scriptures say, 'You must worship the Lord your God; serve only him.'"
- You must never have a foreign god; you must not bow down before a false god.
- And do not forget the things I have done throughout history. For I am God--I alone! I am God, and there is no one else like me.
- "You must not worship any of the gods of neighboring nations,
- And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.
- Do not make me angry by worshiping the idols you have made. Then I will not harm you.'
- I have sent you prophet after prophet to tell you to turn from your wicked ways and to stop worshiping other gods, so that you might live in peace here in the land I gave to you and your ancestors. But you would not listen to me or obey.
1 John 5:20
- And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.
- Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.
- Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said, "No, don't worship me. For I am a servant of God, just like you and other brothers and sisters who testify of their faith in Jesus. Worship God. For the essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus. "
1 Corinthians 8:6
- But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we exist for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life.
- You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or greedy person will inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a greedy person is really an idolater who worships the things of this world.
- It was the LORD who drove out the Amorites and the other nations living here in the land. So we, too, will serve the LORD, for he alone is our God."
- Then Joshua said to the people, "You are not able to serve the LORD, for he is a holy and jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and sins.
- If you forsake the LORD and serve other gods, he will turn against you and destroy you, even though he has been so good to you."
- But the people answered Joshua, saying, "No, we are determined to serve the LORD!"
- "You are accountable for this decision," Joshua said. "You have chosen to serve the LORD.Yes," they replied, "we are accountable."
- Do not tremble; do not be afraid. Have I not proclaimed from ages past what my purposes are for you? You are my witnesses--is there any other God? No! There is no other Rock--not one!"
- Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.
- Their future is eternal destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and all they think about is this life here on earth.
- "Who else among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is glorious in holiness like you--so awesome in splendor, performing such wonders?
- Don't let anyone condemn you by insisting on self-denial. And don't let anyone say you must worship angels, even though they say they have had visions about this. These people claim to be so humble, but their sinful minds have made them proud.
- Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.
- Remember, you must not make or worship idols of silver or gold.
- "But you are my witnesses, O Israel!" says the LORD. "And you are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God; there never has been and never will be.
- But again he said, "No, don't worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this scroll. Worship God!"
- Give honor to the LORD for the glory of his name. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.
2 Kings 17:29
- But these various groups of foreigners also continued to worship their own gods. In town after town where they lived, they placed their idols at the pagan shrines that the people of Israel had built.
- Those from Babylon worshiped idols of their god Succoth-benoth. Those from Cuthah worshiped their god Nergal. And those from Hamath worshiped Ashima.
- The Avvites worshiped their gods Nibhaz and Tartak. And the people from Sepharvaim even burned their own children as sacrifices to Adrammelech and Anammelech.
- These new residents worshiped the LORD, but they appointed from among themselves priests to offer sacrifices at the pagan shrines.
- And though they worshiped the LORD, they continued to follow the religious customs of the nations from which they came.
1 Corinthians 8:4
- So now, what about it? Should we eat meat that has been sacrificed to idols? Well, we all know that an idol is not really a god and that there is only one God and no other.
- Consult together, argue your case, and state your proofs that idol worship pays. Who made these things known long ago? What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, the LORD? For there is no other God but me--a just God and a Savior--no, not one!
- Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other.