Eph 5:2 Cross References
2: Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him.
- So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.
- I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me. So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.
2 Corinthians 2:15
- Our lives are a fragrance presented by Christ to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those being saved and by those perishing.
- For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."
2 Corinthians 8:9
- You know how full of love and kindness our Lord Jesus Christ was. Though he was very rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich.
1 Peter 2:21
- This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps.
- He never sinned, and he never deceived anyone.
- He did not retaliate when he was insulted. When he suffered, he did not threaten to get even. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.
- He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!
- Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our hearts from deeds that lead to death so that we can worship the living God. For by the power of the eternal Spirit, Christ offered himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.
- And what God wants is for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.
- Under the old covenant, the priest stands before the altar day after day, offering sacrifices that can never take away sins.
- But our High Priest offered himself to God as one sacrifice for sins, good for all time. Then he sat down at the place of highest honor at God's right hand.
1 Corinthians 16:14
- And everything you do must be done with love.
- Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save everyone who comes to God through him. He lives forever to plead with God on their behalf.
- He is the kind of high priest we need because he is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has now been set apart from sinners, and he has been given the highest place of honor in heaven.
- He does not need to offer sacrifices every day like the other high priests. They did this for their own sins first and then for the sins of the people. But Jesus did this once for all when he sacrificed himself on the cross.
- I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you.
- And here is how to measure it--the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends.
- And the LORD was pleased with the sacrifice and said to himself, "I will never again curse the earth, destroying all living things, even though people's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood.
- He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing what is right.
- and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the commander of all the rulers of the world. All praise to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.
1 John 3:16
- We know what real love is because Christ gave up his life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters.
- If that had been necessary, he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all time, at the end of the age, to remove the power of sin forever by his sacrificial death for us.
1 Timothy 4:12
- Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
1 John 3:11
- This is the message we have heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
- We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was right.
- That is why the earthly tent and everything in it--which were copies of things in heaven--had to be purified by the blood of animals. But the real things in heaven had to be purified with far better sacrifices than the blood of animals.
2 Corinthians 5:14
- Whatever we do, it is because Christ's love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for everyone, we also believe that we have all died to the old life we used to live.
- He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live to please themselves. Instead, they will live to please Christ, who died and was raised for them.
1 John 3:23
- And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.
- And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.
1 Peter 4:8
- Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
1 Timothy 2:6
- He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message that God gave to the world at the proper time.
1 John 4:20
- If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen?
- And God himself has commanded that we must love not only him but our Christian brothers and sisters, too.
- Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.
- Instead, we will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more in every way like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.
- Then, grasping the bird by its wings, the priest will tear the bird apart, though not completely. Then he will burn it on top of the wood fire on the altar. It is a whole burnt offering made by fire, very pleasing to the LORD.
1 Thessalonians 4:9
- But I don't need to write to you about the Christian love that should be shown among God's people. For God himself has taught you to love one another.
- And if another Christian is distressed by what you eat, you are not acting in love if you eat it. Don't let your eating ruin someone for whom Christ died.
- Then you will not be condemned for doing something you know is all right.
- "I hate all your show and pretense--the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies.
- But the internal organs and legs must first be washed with water. Then the priests will burn the entire sacrifice on the altar. It is a whole burnt offering made by fire, very pleasing to the LORD.
- And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
- May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
- The law of Moses could not save us, because of our sinful nature. But God put into effect a different plan to save us. He sent his own Son in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful. God destroyed sin's control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
- He died for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live.
- The internal organs and legs must first be washed with water. Then the priests will burn the entire sacrifice on the altar. It is a whole burnt offering made by fire, very pleasing to the LORD.
1 Corinthians 5:7
- Remove this wicked person from among you so that you can stay pure. Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed for us.
- I am the living bread that came down out of heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; this bread is my flesh, offered so the world may live."
- And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her
- He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised from the dead to make us right with God.
- No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
- The priest will burn them on the altar as food, an offering made by fire; these will be very pleasing to the LORD. Remember, all the fat belongs to the LORD.