Col 3:16 Cross References
16: Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
- I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
- But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!
- Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts.
- Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news--the Good News about Christ.
- For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
- Nothing in all creation can hide from him. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes. This is the God to whom we must explain all that we have done.
1 John 2:24
- So you must remain faithful to what you have been taught from the beginning. If you do, you will continue to live in fellowship with the Son and with the Father.
- Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.
- asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God.
- And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you today.
- Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again.
- Tie them to your hands as a reminder, and wear them on your forehead.
- Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
- I have not departed from his commands but have treasured his word in my heart.
2 Timothy 3:15
- You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.
2 John 1:2
- the truth that lives in us and will be in our hearts forever.
- But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere.
1 John 2:27
- But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you all things, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So continue in what he has taught you, and continue to live in Christ.
- And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
- For the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
- He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity.
- So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what he wants to do in your lives, and we ask him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom.
- I will shout for joy and sing your praises, for you have redeemed me.
- Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.
- The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
- Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone.
1 Peter 1:11
- They wondered what the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and his great glory afterward. They wondered when and to whom all this would happen.
- They were told that these things would not happen during their lifetime, but many years later, during yours. And now this Good News has been announced by those who preached to you in the power of the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. It is all so wonderful that even the angels are eagerly watching these things happen.
- Are any among you suffering? They should keep on praying about it. And those who have reason to be thankful should continually sing praises to the Lord.
- You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
- that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever!
1 Thessalonians 5:11
- So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
- Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord's work. They work hard among you and warn you against all that is wrong.
- Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.
- So commit yourselves completely to these words of mine. Tie them to your hands as a reminder, and wear them on your forehead.
- Teach them to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again.
- Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,
- For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory.
1 Kings 3:28
- Word of the king's decision spread quickly throughout all Israel, and the people were awed as they realized the great wisdom God had given him to render decisions with justice.
- He generously poured out the Spirit upon us because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did.
- The custom of having choir directors to lead the choirs in hymns of praise and thanks to God began long ago in the days of David and Asaph.
1 Corinthians 14:15
- Well then, what shall I do? I will do both. I will pray in the spirit, and I will pray in words I understand. I will sing in the spirit, and I will sing in words I understand.
1 Kings 3:9
- Give me an understanding mind so that I can govern your people well and know the difference between right and wrong. For who by himself is able to govern this great nation of yours?"
- The Lord was pleased with Solomon's reply and was glad that he had asked for wisdom.
- So God replied, "Because you have asked for wisdom in governing my people and have not asked for a long life or riches for yourself or the death of your enemies--
- I will give you what you asked for! I will give you a wise and understanding mind such as no one else has ever had or ever will have!
- If you need wisdom--if you want to know what God wants you to do--ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking.
1 Timothy 6:17
- Tell those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which will soon be gone. But their trust should be in the living God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.
- And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your actions, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations.
1 Thessalonians 4:18
- So comfort and encourage each other with these words.
- But the people of God will sing a song of joy, like the songs at the holy festivals. You will be filled with joy, as when a flutist leads a group of pilgrims to Jerusalem--the mountain of the LORD--to the Rock of Israel.
- So everywhere we go, we tell everyone about Christ. We warn them and teach them with all the wisdom God has given us, for we want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ.
- I will honor you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
- You satisfy me more than the richest of foods. I will praise you with songs of joy.
- I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.
- So take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs.
- Mark out a straight path for your feet. Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong.
- Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
- Look after each other so that none of you will miss out on the special favor of God. Watch out that no bitter root of unbelief rises up among you, for whenever it springs up, many are corrupted by its poison.
1 Corinthians 14:26
- Well, my brothers and sisters, let's summarize what I am saying. When you meet, one will sing, another will teach, another will tell some special revelation God has given, one will speak in an unknown language, while another will interpret what is said. But everything that is done must be useful to all and build them up in the Lord.
- The wise look ahead to see what is coming, but fools deceive themselves.
- Your principles have been the music of my life throughout the years of my pilgrimage.
- They deprive the poor, the widows, and the orphans of justice. Yes, they rob widows and fatherless children!
1 Chronicles 25:7
- They and their families were all trained in making music before the LORD, and each of them--288 in all--was an accomplished musician.
1 John 2:14
- I have written to you, children, because you have known the Father. I have written to you who are mature because you know Christ, the one who is from the beginning. I have written to you who are young because you are strong with God's word living in your hearts, and you have won your battle with Satan.
2 Thessalonians 3:15
- Don't think of them as enemies, but speak to them as you would to a Christian who needs to be warned.
- In that day, everyone in the land of Judah will sing this song: Our city is now strong! We are surrounded by the walls of God's salvation.
- "You search the Scriptures because you believe they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!
- Yet you refuse to come to me so that I can give you this eternal life.
- Then he returned to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them; and his mother stored all these things in her heart.
- Sing praise to God, sing praises; sing praise to our King, sing praises!
- For God is the King over all the earth. Praise him with a psalm!
- Now I will sing a song for the one I love about his vineyard: My beloved has a vineyard on a rich and fertile hill.
- Praise the LORD, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
- Praise the LORD, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me.
- Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said, "No, don't worship me. For I am a servant of God, just like you and other brothers and sisters who testify of their faith in Jesus. Worship God. For the essence of prophecy is to give a clear witness for Jesus. "
- A recluse is self-indulgent, snarling at every sound principle of conduct.
- I give you thanks, O LORD, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods.
- This great choir sang a wonderful new song in front of the throne of God and before the four living beings and the twenty-four elders. And no one could learn this song except those 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
The Song of Songs 1:1
- This is Solomon's song of songs, more wonderful than any other.
- I am fully convinced, dear brothers and sisters, that you are full of goodness. You know these things so well that you are able to teach others all about them.