Col 1:16 Cross References
16: Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.
- For everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and is intended for his glory. To him be glory evermore. Amen.
- He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn't make.
1 Corinthians 8:6
- But we know that there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we exist for him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life.
1 Chronicles 29:11
- Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.
- And this is his plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ--everything in heaven and on earth.
- And it was only right that God--who made everything and for whom everything was made--should bring his many children into glory. Through the suffering of Jesus, God made him a perfect leader, one fit to bring them into their salvation.
- The LORD, your Redeemer and Creator, says: "I am the LORD, who made all things. I alone stretched out the heavens. By myself I made the earth and everything in it.
- But now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he made the universe and everything in it.
- The LORD has made everything for his own purposes, even the wicked for punishment.
- And, "Lord, in the beginning you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
- Even they will perish, but you remain forever. They will wear out like old clothing.
- You will roll them up like an old coat. They will fade away like old clothing. But you are always the same; you will never grow old."
- and you are complete through your union with Christ. He is the Lord over every ruler and authority in the universe.
- that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms.
- Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else in this world or in the world to come.
- Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.
- In ages past you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
- Even they will perish, but you remain forever; they will wear out like old clothing. You will change them like a garment, and they will fade away.
- But you are always the same; your years never end.
- In this way, God disarmed the evil rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross of Christ.
- I was chosen to explain to everyone this plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning.
- God's purpose was to show his wisdom in all its rich variety to all the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms. They will see this when Jews and Gentiles are joined together in his church.
- So remember this and keep it firmly in mind: The LORD is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other god!
- But Jesus deserves far more glory than Moses, just as a person who builds a fine house deserves more praise than the house itself.
- For every house has a builder, but God is the one who made everything.
- And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They also sang: "Blessing and honor and glory and power belong to the one sitting on the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever."
- And the four living beings said, "Amen!" And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped God and the Lamb.
- and by him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of his blood on the cross.
- so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
- Messenger of good news, shout to Zion from the mountaintops! Shout louder to Jerusalem--do not be afraid. Tell the towns of Judah, "Your God is coming!"
- Yes, the Sovereign LORD is coming in all his glorious power. He will rule with awesome strength. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.
- He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.
- Who else has held the oceans in his hand? Who has measured off the heavens with his fingers? Who else knows the weight of the earth or has weighed out the mountains and the hills?
- For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.
- I have made Israel for myself, and they will someday honor me before the whole world.
1 Peter 3:22
- Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers are bowing before him.
- And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away.