2Tim 3:16 Cross References
2 Timothy 3:16
16: All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.
- Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. They give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises.
- For the word of God is full of living power. It is sharper than the sharpest knife, cutting deep into our innermost thoughts and desires. It exposes us for what we really are.
2 Peter 1:19
- Because of that, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. Pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a light shining in a dark place--until the day Christ appears and his brilliant light shines in your hearts.
- Above all, you must understand that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets themselves
- or because they wanted to prophesy. It was the Holy Spirit who moved the prophets to speak from God.
- Jesus replied, "Your problem is that you don't know the Scriptures, and you don't know the power of God.
- The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
- The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight to life.
- Reverence for the LORD is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the LORD are true; each one is fair.
- They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb.
- They are a warning to those who hear them; there is great reward for those who obey them.
- How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.
- For these commands and this teaching are a lamp to light the way ahead of you. The correction of discipline is the way to life.
2 Timothy 4:2
- Preach the word of God. Be persistent, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.
- I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
- Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long.
- Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands are my constant guide.
- Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees.
- I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments.
- I have refused to walk on any path of evil, that I may remain obedient to your word.
- As your words are taught, they give light; even the simple can understand them.
2 Samuel 23:2
- "The Spirit of the LORD speaks through me; his words are upon my tongue.
2 Timothy 2:25
- They should gently teach those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people's hearts, and they will believe the truth.
- If you listen to constructive criticism, you will be at home among the wise.
- He is the one who gave these gifts to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.
- Their responsibility is to equip God's people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ,
- until we come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God's Son that we will be mature and full grown in the Lord, measuring up to the full stature of Christ.
- Then we will no longer be like children, forever changing our minds about what we believe because someone has told us something different or because someone has cleverly lied to us and made the lie sound like the truth.
- Instead, we will hold to the truth in love, becoming more and more in every way like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church.
- He let you hear his voice from heaven so he could instruct you. He let you see his great fire here on earth so he could speak to you from it.
- They hate the light because they want to sin in the darkness. They stay away from the light for fear their sins will be exposed and they will be punished.
- Yet I never shrank from telling you the truth, either publicly or in your homes.
- Then he added, "Every teacher of religious law who has become a disciple in the Kingdom of Heaven is like a person who brings out of the storehouse the new teachings as well as the old."
- You think you can instruct the ignorant and teach children the ways of God. For you are certain that in God's law you have complete knowledge and truth.
- He had been taught the way of the Lord and talked to others with great enthusiasm and accuracy about Jesus. However, he knew only about John's baptism.
- That is why the Holy Spirit says, "Today you must listen to his voice.
- Take no part in the worthless deeds of evil and darkness; instead, rebuke and expose them.
- It is shameful even to talk about the things that ungodly people do in secret.
- But when the light shines on them, it becomes clear how evil these things are.
1 Corinthians 12:7
- A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church.
- What's more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would accept the Gentiles, too, on the basis of their faith. God promised this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, "All nations will be blessed through you."
- Should you talk that way, O family of Israel? Will the LORD have patience with such behavior? If you would do what is right, you would find my words to be good.
- for I didn't shrink from declaring all that God wants for you.
- What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see.
- But this is all happening to fulfill the words of the prophets as recorded in the Scriptures." At that point, all the disciples deserted him and fled.
- You sent your good Spirit to instruct them, and you did not stop giving them bread from heaven or water for their thirst.
- And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people, who received God's message, were called 'gods,'
- Whoever abandons the right path will be severely punished; whoever hates correction will die.
- Now this wonderful truth--that God declared him to be righteous--wasn't just for Abraham's benefit.
- Yes, being a Jew has many advantages. First of all, the Jews were entrusted with the whole revelation of God.
- But now, as to whether there will be a resurrection of the dead--haven't you ever read about this in the Scriptures? Long after Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob had died, God said,
- 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' So he is the God of the living, not the dead."
- Then Jesus asked them, "Didn't you ever read this in the Scriptures? 'The stone rejected by the builders has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous to see.'
- "Brothers, it was necessary for the Scriptures to be fulfilled concerning Judas, who guided the Temple police to arrest Jesus. This was predicted long ago by the Holy Spirit, speaking through King David.
- For David himself, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, said, 'The LORD said to my Lord, Sit in honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies beneath your feet.'
- But after they had argued back and forth among themselves, they left with this final word from Paul: "The Holy Spirit was right when he said to our ancestors through Isaiah the prophet,
- Jesus responded, "Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, call him Lord? For David said,
- But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?"