1Pet 5:6 Cross References
1 Peter 5:6
6: So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you.
- When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.
- For the proud will be humbled, but the humble will be honored."
- Pride ends in humiliation, while humility brings honor.
- But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.
- I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For the proud will be humbled, but the humble will be honored."
- He has taken princes from their thrones and exalted the lowly.
2 Chronicles 32:26
- Then Hezekiah repented of his pride, and the people of Jerusalem humbled themselves. So the LORD's anger did not come against them during Hezekiah's lifetime.
2 Chronicles 33:12
- But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the LORD his God and cried out humbly to the God of his ancestors.
2 Chronicles 12:12
- Because Rehoboam humbled himself, the LORD's anger was turned aside, and he did not destroy him completely. And there was still goodness in the land of Judah.
- Fill the valleys and level the hills. Straighten out the curves and smooth off the rough spots.
2 Chronicles 12:6
- The king and the leaders of Israel humbled themselves and said, "The LORD is right in doing this to us!"
- When the LORD saw their change of heart, he gave this message to Shemaiah: "Since the people have humbled themselves, I will not completely destroy them and will soon give them some relief. I will not use Shishak to pour out my anger on Jerusalem.
- To this very hour you have shown no remorse or reverence. No one has chosen to follow my law and the decrees I gave to you and your ancestors before you.
- The day is coming when your pride will be brought low and the LORD alone will be exalted.
- For God says, "I will cut off the strength of the wicked, but I will increase the power of the godly."
2 Chronicles 33:23
- But unlike his father, he did not humble himself before the LORD. Instead, Amon sinned even more.
2 Chronicles 30:11
- However, some from Asher, Manasseh, and Zebulun humbled themselves and went to Jerusalem.
2 Kings 22:19
- You were sorry and humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I said against this city and its people, that this land would be cursed and become desolate. You tore your clothing in despair and wept before me in repentance. So I have indeed heard you, says the LORD.
1 Kings 21:29
- "Do you see how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has done this, I will not do what I promised during his lifetime. It will happen to his sons; I will destroy all his descendants."
- The high and lofty one who inhabits eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in that high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I refresh the humble and give new courage to those with repentant hearts.
- They rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation. They exult in your righteousness.
- You are their glorious strength. Our power is based on your favor.
- No, O people, the LORD has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
- So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, "This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: How long will you refuse to submit to me? Let my people go, so they can worship me.
- Powerful is your arm! Strong is your hand! Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength.
- Say to the king and his mother, "Come down from your thrones and sit in the dust, for your glorious crowns will soon be snatched from your heads."
- "You are his successor, O Belshazzar, and you knew all this, yet you have not humbled yourself.
2 Chronicles 36:12
- He did what was evil in the sight of the LORD his God, and he refused to humble himself in the presence of the prophet Jeremiah, who spoke for the LORD.
- When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.
- "Look, God is all-powerful. Who is a teacher like him?
- Christians who are poor should be glad, for God has honored them.
- And those who are rich should be glad, for God has humbled them. They will fade away like a flower in the field.
- "But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go except under heavy pressure.
- For examples of patience in suffering, dear brothers and sisters, look at the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord.
2 Chronicles 33:19
- Manasseh's prayer, the account of the way God answered him, and an account of all his sins and unfaithfulness are recorded in The Record of the Seers. It includes a list of the locations where he built pagan shrines and set up Asherah poles and idols before he repented.
- I will take vengeance; I will repay those who deserve it. In due time their feet will slip. Their day of disaster will arrive, and their destiny will overtake them.'
- But Moses pleaded with the LORD his God not to do it. "O LORD!" he exclaimed. "Why are you so angry with your own people whom you brought from the land of Egypt with such great power and mighty acts?
- Finally, when I have given full expression to my hostility and have brought them to the land of their enemies, then at last their disobedient hearts will be humbled, and they will pay for their sins.
- "Son of man, groan before the people! Groan before them with bitter anguish and a broken heart.
1 Corinthians 10:22
- What? Do you dare to rouse the Lord's jealousy as Israel did? Do you think we are stronger than he is?
1 Timothy 2:6
- He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message that God gave to the world at the proper time.
- And now at the right time he has revealed this Good News, and we announce it to everyone. It is by the command of God our Savior that I have been trusted to do this work for him.
- And all the best warriors of Israel will be killed in battle, and those remaining in the city will be scattered to the four winds. Then you will know that I, the LORD, have spoken these words.