1John 3:16 Cross References
1 John 3:16
16: We know what real love is because Christ gave up his life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters.
1 John 4:9
- God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him.
- This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.
- Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.
- So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.
- Live a life filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him.
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
- I command you to love each other in the same way that I love you.
- And here is how to measure it--the greatest love is shown when people lay down their lives for their friends.
- But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
- and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness to these things, the first to rise from the dead, and the commander of all the rulers of the world. All praise to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.
- For even I, the Son of Man, came here not to be served but to serve others, and to give my life as a ransom for many."
1 Peter 3:18
- Christ also suffered when he died for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners that he might bring us safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.
- "And now beware! Be sure that you feed and shepherd God's flock--his church, purchased with his blood--over whom the Holy Spirit has appointed you as elders.
- And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her
- In fact, they risked their lives for me. I am not the only one who is thankful to them; so are all the Gentile churches.
1 John 2:6
- Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did.
- just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. And I lay down my life for the sheep.
- while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.
- But even if my life is to be poured out like a drink offering to complete the sacrifice of your faithful service (that is, if I am to die for you), I will rejoice, and I want to share my joy with all of you.
- And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were killed, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
- For he risked his life for the work of Christ, and he was at the point of death while trying to do for me the things you couldn't do because you were far away.
1 Peter 1:18
- For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver.
1 Peter 2:24
- He personally carried away our sins in his own body on the cross so we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. You have been healed by his wounds!